Our Microsoft France team has done an outstanding job of localizing and customizing a version of Open Data Platform Installer FRANCE.
The main difference between their version and the original Open Data Platform Installer is an update to support deploying OGDI DataLab v5 and addition of a new lightweight Data Browser for OGDI called Citizen Portal. You can see Citizen Portal in action here deployed for the city of Versailles, France.
To deploy using ODPI France you need to first set up you Azure instance & then run through the Installer wizard to paste configuration information & deploy:
- To set up / configure Azure for OGDI v5 follow the same instructions outlined in the walk-through guide : Open Data Platform Installer: Installing OGDI DataLab v4 (PART 1)
- To run through the wizard, use as the baseline the steps outlined in Part 2 Walk through but adjusted for the unique choices in the ODPI France wizard as per below:
1. Go to: http://odpifrance.cloudapp.net/ Click "Enable" under OGDI DataLab at the _top_ of the list, click "Continue".
3. Back in the ODPI France installer, provide the Storage information & Application Settings details. Data Service DNS is your Cloud Service DNS prefix (set up here) - for more info take a look at this step.
The Data Catalogue Definition is a new option, and this is where you choose & specify names/description for the default data container. The "Description" is what will show as Data Source in the OGDI Data Browser; and the description that developers will see when browsing the Data Service API (:8080/v1/DataSourceName):
4. Click "Continue", then select the data service to deploy to (in this case it's odpitest2, which is the DNS of the Azure cloud service: odpitest2.cloudapp.net), then click Deploy:
5. After the package is built, copied to your subscription, your storage configured and finally your OGDI instance deployed, you should have a live OGDI DataLab v5 instance just like below. Note the sample dataset that's loaded into the Data Service you configured, in this case it's: RennesPAV2. You can delete it later, but in the meantime go ahead and start loading data.
And.... c'est tout !!